An Optimal Government Spending Reversal Rule in a Small Open Economy
(with Kenya Takaku) International Review of Economics and Finance, forthcoming.
Structural Change in Current Account and Real Exchange Rate Dynamics: Evidence from the G7 Countries
(with Masahiko Shibamoto), Pacific Economic Review, Vol. 17, Issue 5, pp. 619-634, 2012.
WP version with color figures.
Capital Controls and Welfare
" Journal of Macroeconomics, Volume 33, Issue 4, pp. 700-710, 2011.
- " Nominal Debt and Inflation Stabilization " International Journal of Economic Theory, Vol. 5, Issue 4, pp. 409–422, 2009.
- " Capital Controls, Public Debt and Currency Crises " Journal of Economics, Vol.90 No.2, pp.117-142, 2007.
- "The Government's Foreign Debt in the Argentine Crisis " Review of Development Economics, Vol.9 No.3, pp.368-379, 2005.
- " Macroeconomic effect of capital controls as a safeguard against the capital inflows problem " Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, Vol.13 No.3, pp.233-263, 2004.
- " A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises due to External Shocks: Monetary vs Fiscal Approaches " Bulletin of Economic Research, Vol.56 No.1, pp.53-66, 2004.
- Journal of Economics. Journal of International Money and Finance. Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking. Journal of Macroeconomics. Japanese Economic Review. The Manchester School.
- Prizewinner for the Kanematsu Fellowship, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration (RIEB), Kobe University, May 2003.
- Finalist for 7th Moriguchi Prize, Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research, January 2003.